Your SQL Windows Linux home lab for computing - what is it like
Published: Monday, April 20, 2020 written by Andy Flagg
View Count: 123
Keywords: Computing, Laboratory, Home, Research, Hobby
For me, like all great innovators, they have a lab.
Be it in a barn, a bedroom room, the garage, a closet, etc, - a lab or sorts is required to carry out and develop your ideas and creativity.
For me, the computing laboratory is made of for both home hobby and business. There is a cross over yet mostly a business by day, a hobby by night or offline time. Keep your equipment and costs, assets and liabilities separated for tax and income purposes.
1. have an array of servers
2. have an array of software licenses
3. have an array of networking devices
4. have an array of database solutions
5. have an array of backup devices
Keep your data, backups, applications, and servers along with networking into N+3 segments etc.
* Monitor your power consumption
* Monitor your network consumption
* Monitor your security honey pot traffic
* Monitor your data backup traffic cloud and local hot, warm and cold storage
Notes: Keep your documentation up to date, obvious and not so obvious. Obfuscate your access codes and destinations, along with password phrases and combinations.
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2020 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.