Multi-Function Office Scanners, Copiers, Printers - ease of management
by Mountain Computers Inc., Publication Date: Monday, September 30, 2019
View Count: 402, Keywords: Scanners, Image Management, Xerox, MFC, Canon, Hashtags: #Scanners #ImageManagement #Xerox #MFC #Canon
In the last 10 years, I can't tell you how many large and small office scanner/copier/printers I have had to configure and reconfigure, and reset, and setup for over 500 offices.
Amazingly, the procedures online with the manufacturer and other solutions providers is just not there.
There are like 3 tricks you have to know to get these things to work in any office networking environment.
1. know the device password to manage it - root/root, 123456, 4111, 12345678, admin/admin, etc.
2. know the static IP address of it, something like. x.x.x.200, .250, .2, .10, etc. something high or low and outside the DHCP scope of the office network devices, wired and wireless.
3. ensure the scanner / user account for scanning is something unique to the machine and the business with a simple complex password. if a canon, kyocera, brother, hp, etc.
4. make sure the software for the printing, scanning is stored on a shared network resource for faster reloads on new and reloaded computers for various operating systems in the office. something in a folder called Software.
5. make sure the device is not exposed directly to the internet (not in a dmz, etc), or some web service
6. know if sending scans via email that the connectivity is now encrypted
7. make sure the address book is also understood and easily manageable by all key staff
that's about it for now...
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2022 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.