Laptop prices, why still so high, should be $300-$450 new
by Andy Flagg, Publication Date: Saturday, June 8, 2019
View Count: 1002, Keywords: Laptop Prices, Fair Pricing, Hashtags: #LaptopPrices #FairPricing
so, why laptops are over $500 is amazingly crazy. They should not be.
For nearly 3 years, we have seen and recommended laptop pricing from $300 to $450, when on sale or clearance, using 1 year manufacturer warranty, extend by manufacturer direct option for $80-100 for 3 years... that is fine.
My quick take on which laptop for whom and why:
- Dell is still solid. Inspiron rugged choice. avoid XPS. Lattitude iffy sort of strong at best.
- HP comes and goes. touch screen no.
- Toshiba. good and great in quad core lineup.
- MSI still rocks. Workhorse.
- ASUS still rocks. Gamers delight.
- Apple is still overrated pricing. Fancy and for primadonna's.
- Sony was awesome til they departed. Sony was equal to Apple on the PC Win side.
- Samsung. Amazing corporate platform.
- Gateway. Still sucks.
- Acer. Still sucks.
- Lenovo. Interesting comeback. Rocks the stage.
- Thinkpad. good. red button. a Lenovo variation or is it the opposite.
The $350 laptop is a great deal, by most manufacturers, and here are the specs:
- 2Ghz or higher Intel i5 or AMD A10 quad core
- 8GB RAMM DDR3 or DDR4
- 15.6" screen, touch or not, glossy or not
- 500GB SATA III or 250GB SSD or better
- No optical CD/DVD drive, is fine - just get an external USB optical if you really need it for like $30-40
- Keyboard with or without numeric keypad, lit or not
which manufacturers are able to get you into this config for $350-$450?
hp, dell, lenovo, asus, etc...
more to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2020 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.