Phone Scams, avoid them
by Mountain Computers Inc., Publication Date: Thursday, January 3, 2019
View Count: 497, Keywords: phone scams, dell computers, Hashtags: #phonescams #dellcomputers
I have said this thousands of times to customers, don't fall or a scam. Since 2016, we have told hundreds over the telephone and thousands in person, don't fall for a scam. Use your brain and common sense.
Here is what Dells says and I concur:
As we’ve said
before, the best protection from these scams is to hang up immediately
if you receive a suspicious call. Here are Dell’s top five tips to help
you avoid being scammed:
- Hang up! If an unsolicited caller pressures you to act quickly and
give up sensitive personal and financial information to fix an issue
and/or engages in threatening, aggressive behavior, that’s a sign of a
- Never hand over your financial information to unsolicited callers
who try to charge you to remove computer viruses, malware, or
ransomware, even if they have specific information about your computer.
- Never pay for tech support services with any type of gift card or by wiring funds. Dell will never ask you for these forms of payment.
- Never visit unverified websites and never download and install software that unsolicited callers try directing you to.
- Never agree to give control of your computer to any unsolicited
caller to fix an issue you did not report—despite how convincing they
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2021 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.