SQL server in the cloud, optimized and streamlined through and through...
by Mountain Computers Inc, Publication Date: Saturday, December 17, 2022
View Count: 302, Keywords: SQL Server, Cloud, Optimization, Connectivity, Hashtags: #SQLServer #Cloud #Optimization #Connectivity
It has been about 20 years since I did some major SQL internet application development, and I mean MAJOR.
Nothing for the faint of heart. Now, I have the opportunity to once again work on some major SQL connectivity optimization for a project and it shall be fun!!!
Let me re-review my notes:
2. Perfectly normalized tables
3. Perfectly indexed tables
4. Focus heavily on the UI and Usability
5. Definitely keep data and system security top of mind and embedded through-out
6. Backups, Backups, Backups.
7. Logging, monitoring and secured text and email alerts
8. MFA and 2FA throughout
9. Keep the architects and developers/tests tightly coupled
10. Keep everyone informed without too much information overload and too many meetings - Keep support teams on-guard and trained up, and documentation, and key figure identities protected and at ease.
That's about it for now. I'll keep you posted.
More to come...
if you found this article helpful, consider contributing $10, 20 an Andrew Jackson or so..to the author. more authors coming soon
FYI we use paypal or patreon, patreon has 3x the transaction fees, so we don't, not yet.
© 2023 myBlog™ v1.1 All rights reserved. We count views as reads, so let's not over think it.